Please contact us regarding potential career opportunities.
Title CMM Technician/ Shop Floor QA Support Reports To Quality Manager
- Ability to program CMM to accurately measure components, parts, fixtures etc. Some exposure to Laser scan would be an asset.
- Ability to compare recorded measurements to blue print dimensions and tolerances.(CAD and GD&T)
- Strong organization skills. Ability to schedule CMM to Control Plan requirements work to meet needs of their customers.
- Able to check parts on lean fixtures, complete calibration and gauge R&R Studies and understands the requirements of MSA. Able to provide standard reports for calibration status on routine basis. Appropriate preliminary process capability studies conduct
- Updates computer database accordingly.
- Able to certify all engineering changes and update fixture database and inspection programs
- Ability to create dimensional/ technical reports out of CMM work.
- Understanding of SPC and use of statistical studies and reports.
- Logical and easy to retrieve/find record keeping. Strong liaison and communication skills.
- Follows and complies with all Amino NAC Quality System, operational procedures/policies etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Windows, databases, spreadsheets etc.
· Quality Assurance records maintenance, document and data control
- Suspect Material Identified, Defective parts rejected and quarantined. Inspect production material as assigned for defects as trained. Report defects to the appropriate parties.
· Assists in the disposition of all major non-conforming products or material
· As needed, participates in APQP
· Engineering test conducted to specifications, May perform various test on products, in process monitoring
· Corrective actions identified and implement; Corrective action reports received on time, closed and on file.
· Supplier quality (DPPM), controlled (receiving), containment of purchased parts
· May need to travel to customers to check parts for quality assurance
· Occasional specification of parts dimension
· Assist with housekeeping in the facility (5S)
· Review concerns with production supervisors and production operators and assist in problems solving discussions and corrective action
· Facilitating and coordination of ANAC IATF16949 and ISO 14001 programs
· Continuous improvement, Kaizen,
· Other duties/task/projects on an ongoing basis as assigned by the manager or their designate
- Perform internal in process audits that are compliant with quality system procedures/instructions and policies
- Support new product development and continuous improvement and by integrating quality improvement tools into processes.
- Assist and advocate quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Adopt and incorporate quality methods into their work.
- Post-Secondary Education in an appropriate field.
- Minimum 2 years of direct work
- CMM course and trained
- Direct knowledge of QA methodologies.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Post-secondary education in a technical field and a minimum 5 years of CMM experience required (previous CMM programming experience is required as well) including QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Experience in metrology, GD&T, SPC, GR&R, fixtures and CAD is preferred.
- Ability to inspect and measure parts for conformance with specific dimensions, using precision measuring instruments such as Laser Scanning, CMM, Height Gauge, Micrometers, Thread Gauges, Fixtures, etc.
- Previous experience in software such as Polyworks, PCDMIS, Gage-Pro
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good reporting and computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, CAD, spreadsheets, word processing software, etc.) are required. 8. Must possess good mathematical skills, experience in geometry and trigonometry. 9. Ability to pass testing in SPC, GD&T, MSA
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.